Customer Engagement as a Service
Business Messaging and Monetization
Mavenir Engage is a cloud-based customer engagement solution that enables communication service providers, systems integrators, and channel partners to offer conversational commerce experiences, including advanced messaging communications and automations to businesses of all sizes, with a fast go to market, reduced risk and minimal upfront investments.
It delivers a wide portfolio of business messaging and monetization capabilities, such as RCS Business Messaging, A2P and P2A campaign management, templated chatbots, visual flow builders, payment integrations, advanced analytics and more. With Mavenir Engage, brands, developers, and aggregators get easy access to the network messaging capabilities via simple RESTful APIs and build and manage rich customer engagement experience using easy-to-use web tools.
Mavenir Engage bundles multiple leading Mavenir components into a flexible and powerful solution:
- RCS and IMS core network
- RCS Messaging as a Platform (MaaP) — a gateway layer that provides the standard, REST-based Northbound API used to connect chatbots and applications, and the Southbound API to connect to other MaaPs. It is fully compliant with the latest Universal Profile (UP) RCS specifications and provides chatbot registry, directory function and bot analytics, human-in-the-loop APIs for session transfer to a human agent, and more.
- Business Monetization Layer — a suite of value-added service enablers including campaign manager—for application-to-person (A2P) and person-to-application (P2A) campaigns—pre-built chatbot templates, payment integrations, advanced messaging analytics, and a visual flow editor to let businesses customize their bot templates or build their own chatbots from scratch. It also includes multi-channel integrations capabilities to connect to Google RCS as well as other messaging ecosystems.
- SpamShield—an AI/ML powered revenue assurance solution
- RCS hub interconnect services
- Self-Service onboarding
- Integration with third-party platforms such as Google RCS cloud, payment gateways, and more
- Ecosystem of pre-integrated messaging partners
- WebRTC Gateway — enables web-based rich messaging experience and MNO-branded RCS clients.
- Mavenir Messages mobile client — for MNOs wanting to go to market with their own branded messaging application.
- Contact Center Live Agents option to transfer chat sessions to a human agent.
Messaging and Monetization
Mavenir Engage is part of Mavenir’s Messaging Monetization portfolio. Download Mavenir’s Messaging Monetization Solution Brief to learn more about Mavenir Engage role in enabling conversational commerce and opening omni-channel messaging monetization for service providers, systems integrators and channel partners.
Mavenir Engage Benefits
A software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering, Mavenir Engage is continuously enhanced with new features and capabilities. It provides the following benefits:
Faster Time to Market
From a few weeks to a few months (depending on the level of integration)
Lower Upfront Costs
Hosted, managed, and operated by Mavenir in the cloud. Light integration to the service provider’s network. No need to acquire network equipment or hire expert personnel to operate it.
Interconnect to other mobile network operators on Mavenir’s cloud platform. Integrate with Google RCS Business Messaging, other messaging ecosystems and web-based chat. MNOs can allow brands and businesses to interact with customers wherever they are.
Integration with Business Platforms
CRM systems, eCommerce, point-of-sale (PoS) and more. Allows businesses to integrate their business processes into the conversational commerce experience.
Built-in Customer Care Capabilities
Combines MAVbiz Care, Mavenir’s CCaaS platform with Human-in-the-Loop (HITL) APIs. Service providers can bundle live agent console that allows businesses to transfer chatbot sessions to a human agent, including the conversation history.
Powerful Monetization Capabilities
Including templated bots, campaign management, payment integrations, digital enablement, self-service onboarding portal, advanced analytics and customer dashboard.
Interactive Flow Builder
For easy tweak to pre-built chatbot templates or to develop chatbot flows from scratch. Visual and intuitive builder UI with a soft learning curve.
Flexible Business Models
Subscription models, based on dimensioning and consumption, and revenue share models that provide the right balance between profitability and risk.
Protect Messaging Revenue and Open New Revenue Opportunities
Mavenir Engage allows service providers to grow their existing A2P wholesale messaging business—by offering rich, multimedia capabilities—and expand into new P2A revenue sources in mobile marketing, advertising, customer service, and conversational commerce markets, without giving up control of their networks.
For systems integrators and channel partners, Mavenir Engage provides a solid customer engagement platform with interconnection to leading messaging ecosystems as well as global mobile network operators (MNOs) that opens new revenue opportunities. For example, channel partners can leverage the monetization tools within Mavenir Engage to build value on top of the platform, with their own templated chatbots and pre-packaged experiences, delivered to the market in a predictable and affordable way and lowering the barrier of entry from the large enterprise to the small and medium business.
RCS Business Messaging Solution
Mavenir Engage includes a GSMA standards-compliant RCS Business Messaging as a Service (RBMaaS) solution—powered by MAVscale MaaP—that can be easily overlaid over the service provider network with minimal integration, avoids lengthy integration projects with different IMS vendors or having to impact other IMS services such as VoLTE. Mavenir Engage allows MNOs to protect their growing business messaging revenue by providing a fast and simple solution to implement RCS messaging into the wireless network, from the cloud, with full compatibility with GSMA Universal Profile clients and facilitating the integration of enablers such as chatbots, mobile payments and other messaging-based applications. Mavenir Engage enables MNOs and aggregators to strategically position themselves as key players in the business-to-consumer (B2C) messaging market.
Enhancing Business-to-Consumer (B2C) Customer Engagement
Mavenir Engage allows service providers to stand out from the OTT noise by offering brands and aggregators a messaging solution that has the attributes they covet:
- Reach—any consumer with a mobile phone number and an RCS compatible device and backward compatibility with MMS or SMS only devices
- Clean Channel—ensuring the conversation between the brand and the consumer is private and the content will not be shared with third parties for other purposes (e.g.: tracking)
- Richness—the RCS Universal Profile provides a baseline that all clients and devices support for rich multimedia capabilities such as images, audio, video, rich cards (single or in carousels), pre-configured response buttons, QR codes and more
- Rewards—the monetization platform allows opt-in consumers to receive offers and be rewarded with minutes/megabytes/points or other assets
- Privacy and protection—with business authentication and authorization that assures consumers they are interacting with the real brand, and lets them finalize the conversation whenever they want, opting out from receiving additional messages
Why service providers need to have their own messaging solution
For brands to see mobile messaging as the ultimate digital billboard, a business messaging solution needs to provide rich communications that reach the highest number of eyeballs possible, while ensuring compliance with security and privacy regulations and, most importantly, the guarantee of a clean channel to the consumer—where metadata is not harvested to be sold to their competitors for tracking or advertising purposes. Outsourcing your messaging services can put many of these factors at risk.
Would you like to know more about how Mavenir Engage can enhance your revenue outlook?
Endless Use Cases
Security & Authentication
Two-factor authentication, order confirmation, password resets
Bill & Payments
Paperless bills, pay via message, disputes
Customer satisfaction, market pulse, event attendance forecasts
Alerts and Reminders
News, updates, account status
Open claim, take a photo and attach to claim, select a repair location
Schedule, cancel, reschedule
Restaurants, shows, specials, sales promotions
Technical support, customer care, upsell services
Incidents, extended hours, flash sales, changes of schedules
Full monetization capabilities to enable direct business models
Mavenir Engage includes a full suite of monetization capabilities that allow service providers to offer services to brands, developers, and enterprises in a direct business model, opening new revenue opportunities in customer care, marketing, and advertising.
The direct business model can be enabled for both large enterprises as well as small and medium businesses (SMBs).
Most businesses in the world are small. A quick look at the business census in almost every country shows SMBs account for more than 80% of the total business landscape. There is a significant opportunity in offering the right solutions for small companies, which have budget limitations and for which developing custom messaging experiences is out of reach.
Here are some of the capabilities that Mavenir Engage provides to enable a direct business messaging model:
Easy On-Boarding via Self-Service Portals
Full self-service platform to:
- Configure A2P broadcast campaigns
- Create chatbots using templates
- Create and manage P2A launch points
- Pay for service with credit card
- Operator can vet brands and approve campaigns and chatbots
- Approval status reflected in the campaign verifications page
Full campaign management capabilities:
- Opt-in/opt-out list management
- Budget management
- Targeting/eligibility rules based on phone number and other triggers (geolocation, demographics, prior campaign completion, and more), including internal checks as well as external lookups
- Wizards to create chatbots quickly and easily for common use cases
- Integrations with Google Pay and credit card payment processors
- Carrier RCS, Google RCS, MMS/SMS (new messaging ecosystems coming in 2021)
- Channel orchestration to provide a common experience for users
- Single view for brands to track approvals across channels
Support for 3rd party chatbots
- Easy integration of custom chatbots built on 3rd party systems, such as Microsoft Bot Framework, Amazon Web Services, Dialogflow, Rasa, IBM Watson, and more
- Easy integration using Northbound APIs and webhook URLs
Live Agent Support
- Human-in-the-loop API allows chatbots to forward messaging conversations and chat history to live agents
- Pre-integrated with Mavenir’s MAVbiz Care contact center as a service (CCaaS) solution
Reporting and Analytics
- Standard chatbot analytics (messages delivered, read, etc.)
- End-to-end reporting analytics (impressions, click-through rate, conversion rate)
- Full attribution capabilities to track successful conversions
A Partner Ecosystem Program to Nurture the Indirect Business Model
Mavenir Engage allows MNOs to support indirect go-to-market models that rely on third-party partners to add value to their offerings and bring brands, businesses, and innovative use cases.
This is achieved through the Mavenir Business Messaging Ecosystem, the bridge that connects service providers to the future of B2C interaction by allowing partners to pre-integrate with Mavenir’s solutions and make their messaging-based services available to more than 250 Mavenir MNO customers globally.
Join the Partner Program
The Mavenir Business Messaging Ecosystem Partner Program, which allows service partners to pre-integrate with Mavenir’s RCS, Messaging as a Platform (MaaP) and messaging monetization solutions, expanding their market reach to all the MNOs using Mavenir’s Business Messaging solutions. The program accelerates service deployment for MNOs, which can now access a broad range of pre-integrated messaging enablers from their Mavenir messaging solution.
It’s a win-win situation where the MNO can obtain revenue from business messaging faster by delivering a broad range of services to the enterprises, and the partner can increase their profitability by obtaining more income from a larger market and minimizing the cost of selling and integrating individually with each MNO.
To see a full list of partners, or to enroll as a partner:
Built-in Sponsored Data/Rewards Capabilities
Contact Users with Rewards Campaign
Reach users by push or pull communication in any media format on mobile devices, tablets and desktops
Engage with Brand-Defined Outcomes
Define objectives (watch video, quick survey, opt-in to offers) and user rewards (megabytes, points) to leverage results.
Users receive their reward in real-time, creating a cognitive association between the brand and the reward.
Looking for an in-network Business Messaging and Monetization solution?
Business Messaging and Monetization Solution for in-network deployments.
For mobile network operators and systems integrators.
Need More Information?
Talk to our experts to know more about how Mavenir Engage can accelerate your time to market for business messaging and customer engagement.
Mavenir Acquires Telestax to Expand 5G Monetization Opportunities Through CPaaS Tech
27 August 2021
Mavenir is now better positioned to take advantage of fast-growing CPaaS market opportunities, especially in industry verticals like IoT, Smart Cities, and Automotive and applications such as logistics, fleet management, AI/ML chatbots, voice biometrics verification, and immersive commerce/entertainment.
Mavenir Announces Appointment of Jorgen Nilsson to President, Enterprise Connect Solutions
26 August 2021
Mavenir appoints Jorgen Nilsson as President, Enterprise Connect solutions to lead expansion of Cloud Enterprise and Business Messaging Services.
Mavenir Acquires CPaaS Specialist Telestax
25 August 2021
The Telestax technology will enhance Mavenir's existing Engage messaging monetization and customer engagement offerings by providing CSPs with “agile, nimble” software-as-a-service models that can be deployed and enhanced quickly, with specialization for vertical sectors, to meet the needs of business customers.