NATIONWIDE PUBLIC WARNING SOLUTION
Telecommunication networks play a critical role in public safety. The advancements in forecasting technology and data-driven emergency prediction algorithms are useless if there is no way to effectively warn the population in the affected areas with sufficient time to prepare or evacuate. With the increase in the frequency and impact of catastrophic weather emergencies, there is growing global demand for effective, nationwide public warning solutions that combine massive reach with the shortest possible time to get alerts distributed.
To fulfill these needs, the international Telecommunications standardization bodies (3GPP, ETSI, ATIS) defined a Cell Broadcast Service (CBS) that leverages the cellular infrastructure of mobile network operators (MNOs) to alert users during an emergency across an entire nation or selectively in very specific geographical areas. CBS is supported on every phone compatible with today’s mobile networks, from the latest smartphones to old feature phones.
MAVENIR CELL BROADCAST SOLUTION
Mavenir provides its end-to-end Cell Broadcast Solution supporting all networks (2G/3G, 4G LTE and 5G), fully based on cloud-native software and running on any cloud that can be extended with other capabilities—such as location-based SMS and email—to further expand its reach.
The Mavenir solution meets the needs of all Global Public Warning Systems (including CMAS, WEA, EU-Alert, KPAS, ETWS, and WPAS).
- Multi-channel communications including Cell Broadcast, SMS, email and more
- End-to-end solution from the Public Warning platform up to the core infrastructure
- Continuous diagnostic tests validating every step in the end-to-end process
- Global proven track record based on the most mature solution in the market
- Public Warning Platform: Web-based portal for emergency agencies to create and push emergency messages with APIs to enable automated warning systems (e.g., tsunami buoys) to trigger automatic alerts.
- Cell Broadcast Center: Telco-grade, standards-based, open distributed architecture network element that sends the cell broadcast messages. Located within the MNO domain, it interfaces with 2G/3G/4G/5G MNO networks and supports Cell Broadcast Entity (CBE) interfaces based on international standards (CAP V1.2, C-Interface, and XML).
- Full Mobile Core Infrastructure: Deliver the alerts to any 2G/3G, 4G or 5G device, including Converged Packet Core and SMS/RCS solutions.