Modernize Existing Mobile Networks for a Flexible, Cost-Effective Journey to 5G
Mavenir’s end-to-end, fully containerized packet core portfolio offers a flexible, cost-effective journey to 5G with multi-generational support for all G’s to modernize existing mobile networks while evolving to 5G. In addition, the Mavenir Converged Packet Core also supports non-3GPP access and can be tailored to fit any customer infrastructure and business needs.
“Adopting 5G SA now can save up to
32% CAPEX and 39% OPEX.”
Source: Monica Paolini, Senza Fili, December 2021
The cloud-native architecture where applications and services are purpose-built for the cloud model offers easy scaling, hardware decoupling, agility, portability, and resilience across public, private, and hybrid clouds. A granular microservice architecture provides carrier-grade resiliency that meets web-scale requirements such as high availability, security, and performance.
100% Cloud-Native, 100% Containerized, 100% Multi-Generational Support
- Support existing subscribers while deploying new commercial-grade 5G use cases, standalone or not
- Reduce costs with a light hardware footprint while fine-grained microservices lend control and simplicity to the environment
- Rely on a cloud-native environment to create and sustain a culture where building, testing, releasing, and deploying happens swiftly and consistently
Service-Based, Access Agnostic Core Architecture
- Use open, standards-based APIs to provide flexible, extensible service agility
- Rapidly launch new services and use AI/ML to scale networks automatically and reduce OPEX
- Serve all types of access (3GPP, non-3GPP, and wireline convergence) using a common core that allows seamless interworking between them and enables operational efficiencies
Converged to the Core
Mavenir’s Converged Packet Core solution offers 5GC NF applications that are de-coupled and built independently of the platform. With the ability to run in any underlying CaaS, PaaS, and IaaS layer, Mavenir provides a truly disaggregated and independently scalable packet core architecture.
Rely on a network that is customizable, better performing, and can launch new services at rapid speed. Open APIs can integrate with any 3rd party observability framework and provide flexible, extensible service agility.
Mavenir is committed to changing network economics and driving positive business outcomes. Mavenir’s packet core network architecture simplifies network transformation and focuses on core principles that consistently result in customer success.
- High-Performance User Plane Function (UPF)
- Network Slicing
- Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC)
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Development (CI/CD)
High-Performance User Plane Function (UPF)
- Employ a low hardware footprint user plane with Mavenir’s cloud-native, highly optimized packet processing design
- Reduce cost per bit with software acceleration technologies such as DPDK, VPP, and hardware offloading using SmartNICs
- Create traffic isolation, security, and differentiated performance
- Customize the network to suit any specific customer requirements with minimal resources and an optimized footprint
Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC)
- Fulfill low-latency and high throughput requirements of specific 5G use-cases
- Bring the natively de-coupled control and user plane closer to the edge and deploy it alongside the MEC application
Continuous Integration & Continuous Development (CI/CD)
- Reduce time to market, cost, and lengthy integration processes with DevOps-based software release and upgrade cycles
- Rapidly deploy to production environments using an automated path for continuous delivery
Mavenir’s Small Footprint Solutions
Mavenir’s small footprint solutions are suitable for on-premises, public, or private cloud deployments. The inherent scalability of the cloud-native microservices allows any-size deployment and easy incremental growth.
Mavenir’s Small Footprint 5GC
Mavenir’s Small Footprint 5GC brings ultra-reliable, low latency communication for efficient, automated networks. This lean, cloud-native, asset-light 5G packet core solution is specialized to enable CSPs, private networks, and cable operators to deliver low-cost, optimized-footprint solutions for enterprise applications.
Mavenir’s Small Footprint EPC
Mavenir’s highly compact, small footprint, containerized, and carrier-grade Evolved Packet Core (EPC) solution is optimized for lightweight capital-efficient deployments of eMBB, IoT, and FWA applications. Mavenir’s scalable EPC software allows the same software used in larger networks to be miniaturized and used for small-form-factor applications.
Looking for a 5G Core?
“Mavenir is the fastest growing 5G Core vendor in 3Q21.”
Source: LightCounting 3Q21 Wireless Infrastructure Report
Mavenir Execs Open Up About ‘OpenBeam’ Open RAN Radios
25 May 2022
Mavenir's Bejoy Pankajakshan and John Baker caught up with Light Reading at the Big 5G Event to talk about Mavenir's first US-based customer for the radio equipment, Triangle Communications in Montana, and other updates.
Mavenir’s 5G Fixed Wireless Access: The New Broadband For All
24 May 2022
Watch how Mavenir’s Converged Packet Core enables operators to have one network for Fixed Wireless Access as well as IoT, enhanced Mobile Broadband, and mission-critical services.
Early Adopters of 5G SA Save 36% in TCO and Gain Competitive Advantages
09 May 2022
All CSPs will eventually move to 5G SA, but the key question is timing. Move NOW to a single converged core or wait? See what is needed to get the lowest TCO. Spoiler alert: Late adopters can lose as much as 10% in the first year of delay and up to 36% in 5 years.