Converged Packet Core
Mavenir’s end-to-end, fully containerized packet core portfolio offers a flexible, cost-effective journey to 5G with multi-generational support for all G’s to modernize existing mobile networks while evolving to 5G. In addition to multi-generation support for all G’s, the Mavenir Converged Packet Core also supports non-3GPP access and can be tailored to fit any customer infrastructure and business needs.
Mavenir’s Converged Packet Core solution uses cloud-native architecture where applications and services are purpose-built for the cloud model to offer easy scaling, hardware decoupling, agility, portability, and resilience across public, private, and hybrid clouds. A Fully containerized, granular microservice architecture provides carrier-grade resiliency that meets web-scale requirements such as high availability, security, and performance.
Evolve to 5G with Any Cloud
Mavenir’s Converged Packet Core solution offers 5GC NF applications that are de-coupled and built independently of the platform so that open APIs can integrate with any 3rd party observability framework and provide flexibility and extensibility for service agility. With the ability to run in any underlying CaaS, PaaS, and IaaS layer, Mavenir has de-coupled the 5GC NF application services from the common platform services to provide a truly disaggregated and independently scalable packet core architecture.
Mavenir is committed to changing network economics and driving positive business outcomes. Mavenir’s packet core network architecture simplifies network transformation and focuses on core principles that have consistently resulted in customer success.
Rely on a network that is customizable, better performing, and can launch new services at rapid speed.
- 100% cloud-native, 100% containerized, 100% multi-generational support: CSPs gain the ability to support existing subscribers while deploying new commercial-grade 5G use cases, standalone or not. A light hardware footprint reduces costs while fine-grained microservices lend control and simplicity to the environment. A cloud-native environment helps create and sustain a culture where building, testing, releasing, and deploying happens swiftly and consistently.
- Service-based architecture: Application services are decoupled from the network and platform infrastructure. 3GPP standards-based APIs provide flexibility and extensibility for service agility. Now, CSPs can rapidly launch new services with service deployment agility and AI/ML for network scaling that also results in reduced OPEX.
- Network slicing: Traffic isolation, security, and differentiated performance gives operators the ability to customize the network to suit any specific requirements of their customers with minimal resources and an optimized footprint.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD): DevOps-based software release and upgrade cycles reduce time to market, cost, and lengthy integration processes. An automated path for continuous delivery lets developers rapidly deploy to production environments.
- Access agnostic core for access independence: A common core serves all types of access (3GPP, non-3GPP, and wireline convergence) allowing seamless interworking between them and enabling operational efficiencies.
- Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC): Operators can fulfill the requirement of low-latency and high throughput for specific use-cases enabled by 5G. Natively de-coupled control and user plane functions allow CSPs to bring the user plane closer to the edge and deploy it alongside the MEC application.
- High-Performance User Plane Function (UPF). Mavenir’s cloud-native, highly optimized packet processing design for UPF uses software acceleration technologies such as DPDK, VPP, and hardware offloading using SmartNICs. These technologies deliver a low hardware footprint and reduce cost per bit.
Mavenir is an award-winning 5G core network technology provider. Being a master innovator of the 5G core network technology, Mavenir’s cloud-native Converged Packet Core solution goes beyond the 3GPP standards to provide operators with innovative and cost-effective solutions for all Gs.
Mavenir enables new revenue-generating use cases while staying focused on mobile network economics. Mavenir’s solution offers flexibility to operators and enterprises with a multi-cloud environment, that optimizes resources based on the organization’s business objectives.
Mavenir Appoints Bejoy Pankajakshan to Newly Created Role of Chief Technology and Strategy Officer
27 July 2021
Mavenir today announced the appointment of Bejoy Pankajakshan to the newly created role of Chief Technology and Strategy Officer (CTSO).
Mavenir Enables Faster 5G Service Creation with its BSS Digital Enablement Platform
21 July 2021
Mavenir’s BSS Digital Enablement Platform delivers on the promise of 5G with simplified service creation and digital marketplace.
Movandi and Mavenir Join Forces on 5G mmWave Open RAN Solution Powering the First Smart City in Thailand
30 June 2021
Mavenir’s Cloud-Native, Open Architecture-Based Private Network Solution Leverages Movandi’s BeamX mmWave Technology.