CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY STATEMENT
This California Consumer Privacy Statement (“Statement”) supplements the Mavenir Connect Privacy Notice www.mavenir.com/connect-privacy. It applies solely to California consumers that use our Mavenir Connect Platform. This Statement does not apply to Mavenir’s personnel or job applicants.
This Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
1. Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, education, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, sex, gender, and gender identity
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
We may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) your personal information for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice and for the following business purposes specified in the CCPA:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
2. Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you register an account on our Platform
- Your devices, such as when you interact with our Platform
- Other individuals or organizations such as when your employer signs you up for a subscription to our Platform or a user adds you as a contact
- Our affiliates
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf
- Our providers (i.e., qualified resellers)
- Data analytics providers
- Government entities
- Operating systems and platforms
3. Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell consumers’ personal information.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
We may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Third Party|
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80 Law||
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared personal information about you with government entities
5. California Consumer Privacy Rights
You may have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
Access: You may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
Deletion: You may have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
Opt-Out of Sale: California law provides consumers with the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information. We do not sell consumers’ personal information.
How to Submit a Request. To submit an access or deletion request, please visit www.mavenir.com/connect-privacy or email us at [email protected] To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, please email us at [email protected].
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you do not have an account with us, or an email address or other direct contact information on file with us, then there is no reasonable method by which we can verify your identity to the level of certainty required by the CCPA. The reason for this is that Mavenir historically has not linked IP addresses, device identifiers or other information collected through automated means to named actual persons. Accordingly, if you do not have an account, or an email address or other direct contact information on file with us, and you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we will not be able to process your request at this time.
If you do not have an account with us, but have an email address or other direct contact information on file with us, and you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide your name, email address, phone number, postal address, and/or company name, if previously provided to us. In addition, if you do not have an account and you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
For questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section of our Privacy Notice.
How to Add Personalization to Your Customer Conversations?
11 July 2022
In today's competitive landscape, it's more important than ever to stand out from the crowd. Personalization is a great way to do just that.
Delivering Customer Service Automation For Healthcare
16 June 2022
How a pharmacy group's decision to partner with Mavenir and implement Mavenir Engage has resulted in a significant improvement to their customer experience.