New Market Opportunities with Intelligent Access and IoT for the New Communications Era
Cambridge, United Kingdom, February 7th 2017 – ip.access, a Mavenir company since September 2020 and the small cells innovator since 2002, today announced that the company is opening up the enterprise and indoor access, analytics and IoT market with its patented approach to small cells for licensed spectrum. During this year’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, ip.access will outline its Viper2020™ strategy for service providers and enterprise partners.
“Viper2020™ is another industry first from ip.access,” said Malcolm Gordon, CEO. “After 15 years of small cell innovations, 10 industry firsts, and approaching 1.5 million small cells shipped, we now bring it all together with a flexible cloud and uniform access platform opening up new market opportunities with a rock-bottom TCO. Incorporating IoT access with regular voice and data provides the 100% coverage foundation on which key 2020 growth opportunities depend.”
Viper2020™ is a flexible cloud platform for management of licensed spectrum, neutral host, IoT small cells and presenceSensors™ with support for multi-operator access, analytics and IoT connected devices. ip.access’ Viper2020™ common platform lowers cost and complexity for service providers and enterprise partners alike.
- Cloud platform with virtualised gateways for secure access and routing of all traffic and analytics data between small cells, Wi-Fi access points, presenceSensors™ and service provider networks
- Low cost and proven portfolio of 2G, 3G and 4G TDD/FDD indoor and outdoor small cells
- Portfolio of neutral host 4G + IoT small cells for enterprise and venue deployments
- CBRS capable TDD small cells, ready for shared spectrum access in the US and beyond
- presenceSensors™ for revenue generating analytics and services with and without core network access
With a portfolio of licensed and shared spectrum small cells, networks can be built out by service providers and third parties with one common management and access platform.
Malcolm Gordon continues, “We’re excited about the journey ahead of us with our Viper2020™ platform and a growing portfolio of intelligent small cells. The value they liberate from licensed spectrum, beyond traditional voice and data, is a major source of growth for mobile operators and service providers in the future.”