Mavenir OpenRAN Survey
Mavenir, the industry’s only end-to-end Network Software Provider and a leader in accelerating software network transformation for communications service providers (CSPs), revealed results of a recent Mobile Operator survey on OpenRAN. The survey, conducted by mobile industry analyst and consultant firm Senza Fili, was meant to gauge intent and gather feedback from Service providers to better understand the need and requirements for OpenRAN products.
Key results were:
- 100% of operators are considering using OpenRAN in key scenarios
- 43% of respondents are open to replace current vendors
- Cost savings were mentioned by 25% of respondents as a reason to consider multiple vendors
- 84% of operators will consider deploying RRUs and BBUs from different vendors in OpenRAN deployments
- Lower cost radios are seen as a key component to OpenRAN interface adoption
Coordinated G7 Effort Toward Genuinely Open and Interoperable Standards Will Unlock the Full Potential of 5G
11 June 2021
In an opinion piece, Mavenir's John Baker places urgency on the G7, accentuating that a coherent global approach is essential in order to rebuild a productive and resilient global economy with “digital technology at its heart”. Open and interoperable interfaces are about fostering innovation – allowing new approaches to flourish and to deliver new products and services that will benefit consumers everywhere.
Dell and Friends Target the Telco Edge, Open RAN
10 June 2021
Dell’s new reference IT platform architectures for edge, core and Open RAN, working with partners to help deliver appropriate functionality for those use cases. Mavenir ‘s 5G Open RAN software to run on Dell EMC PowerEdge XR11 ruggedized servers.
Dell Technologies Helps Communications Service Providers Transform to Capture Opportunities at the Edge
10 June 2021
Mavenir is collaborating with Dell Technologies to develop 5G Open RAN software.