HIGH THROUGHPUT FIXED WIRELESS ACCESS RUNNING ON MAVENIR’S CONVERGED PACKET CORE
Imagine Communications Group has been an innovator and strategic investor in the Irish and European fixed, wireless and mobile telecoms markets. Mavenir delivered a converged 4G/5G core network to help Imagine Networks introduce new 5G services and maintain its leading position in the broadband market.
The company’s business goals were to:
- Migrate existing 4G FWA subscribers and services onto a next-generation 4G/5G combo core
- Introduce new 5G services
- Maintain its leading FWA position in the Irish market
- Reduce operating costs
- A fully containerized convergent 4G/5G Core network with combo nodes for user plane (combined UPF, SGW-U, PGW-U) and control plane (combined SMF, SGW-C, PGW-C)
- Mavenir provided the hardware infrastructure
- Mavenir provided the Management System (mCMS) and Analytics functionality.
MAVENIR’S CONVERGED PACKET CORE SOLUTION
Mavenir’s end-to-end, fully containerized packet core portfolio offers a flexible, cost-effective journey to 5G with multi-generational support for all G’s to modernize existing mobile networks while evolving to 5G.
In addition, the Mavenir Converged Packet Core also supports non-3GPP access and can be tailored to fit any customer infrastructure and business needs.
- 45,000 4G subscribers with plans to add 5G subscribers in the future
- Their network currently carries more than 100 Gbps of live traffic. It is engineered for 200 Gbps of total network capacity.
MAVENIR’S CONVERGED PACKET CORE
Accelerating the move to 5G by supporting a flexible evolutionary path with minimal risk, unlimited scale, and greatly improved speed, security, and reliability. This fully-containerized, cloud-native Converged Packet Core solution provides support for “all Gs” on one network that can be deployed on any cloud.