An innovative microservice-based NFV-ready virtualized evolved packet core that can scale independently in the dimensions of throughput, transaction rate, and session capacity.
Mavenir vEPC is an innovative Evolved Packet Core (EPC) specifically designed from the ground up for virtualized environments. Organized in independent slices of the control, user, and management planes, Mavenir vEPC is free of the architectural restrictions posed by traditional, physical node-based packet cores. Running on Intel x86 servers, it can efficiently support networks of any size and scale. Mavenir vEPC provides the lowest total cost of ownership and ensures that all the benefits of running a virtualized network function get passed on to operators and their customers, leading to a renewed focus on business growth.
The Mavenir vEPC cloud-based core network architecture is targeted to transform mobile networks through a highly scalable and nimble virtualized Evolved Packet Core (EPC) that can adapt to a range of emerging 4G LTE deployment use cases. Moreover, its visionary nature allows it to be natively extensible to emerging 5GS architectural standards. The resultant approach eliminates the expensive hardware, long upgrade cycles, overprovisioning, and years-in-advance budgeting that traditionally characterize mobile service provider networks.
Operators can now experience the benefits of a fully virtualized EPC implementation.
The innovative cloud core architecture allows for the vEPC platform to be deployed flexibly as a collapsed all-in-one vEPC, or as a vEPC with a separately instantiated Mavenir vHSS, or as a standalone Mavenir vPGW, Mavenir vSAE-GW, or Mavenir vC-SGN.
- Distributed stateless clustered components for high availability and performance
- Event-driven asynchronous design allows for maximum parallelism
- Stateless, share-nothing architecture allows for unlimited linear scalability
- “Run Anywhere” Paradigm (Hypervisor agnostic/Hardware agnostic)
- Simple-to-integrate APIs for integration with Network Manager System (NMS) and NFV Orchestrators for onboarding and scaling
The New Mavenir Virtual Evolved Packet Core Data Sheet
- Significantly reduce infrastructure deployment costs
- Software can scale from a single microprocessing core to a rack of servers depending on the use case
- Unique architectural attributes that leverage cloud computing, network virtualization, and software networking technologies