Mavenir’s Mobile Video solution enables both Real Time and near Real Time video communication services such as video calls, multi-party video conferencing, video sharing and video mail services.
Mobile operators can leverage Mavenir’s IMS-based Mobile Video solution to offer better user experiences with global connectivity and interwork with select over the top (OTT) video communities. Operators can converge video communications with services like Rich Communication Services (RCS) to share and sync social and business contact lists, conference and chat via text, multimedia and video. Video optimization will allow video services with capacity and QoS, thereby addressing the reliability and availability issues that will arise as mobile video usage grows.
Unique Business Value:
Mobile operators can add Mobile Video services to their already successful voice services and open new revenue sources. These services will enhance the customer experience with better video quality and higher network capacity, supporting real time interworking to expand revenue streams.
Service Differentiation – Rich Features
Mavenir is providing the service enablers for rich video communication services and social interaction.
- Real time video calling with peer-to-peer video calling, video share and multi device
- Enhanced Video Calling with group conferencing and inter-network calling that allows merging of standard based devices on or off net.
- Near Real time multimedia messaging including video conversion and storage (recording video, video mail, video chat)
- Video Presence, video messaging
Service Differentiation – Open Network Enablement
Rapid Innovation through mash ups of IMS, legacy network and Web services delivering mobility attributes such as leveraging multi-play devices to move calls/video sessions or multi-screen play with mobile and fixed line integration.
- Blend new or existing IMS enablers for a range of use cases including global user identity and synchronized buddy lists.
- External enablers such as RESTful interfaces for third party app development and social networks integration
Service Differentiation – Reliability and Availability
Service level intelligence enabling reliable (Quality, Capacity, Experience) consumer video services and bandwidth optimization.
- Service continuity across access domains including IP Video to/from VoIP.
- Provides Quality of Experience (QoE) or QoS
- Provides network management and rapid adaptation
Service Differentiation – Global Reach
IMS for Video Services delivering global reach, feature richness and operational flexibility.
- User ID options – Telecom operators own global phone numbers
- Reachability: incoming and outgoing
- Multi device support (private identities)
- Mashup with Presence, Multimedia Messaging, Voice over IP and other services
- Mobility across devices and access domains
- Device independent